2017-03-13

Kakizaki Memi blog: Cherry-blossoms!

5 cm/sec

Kakizaki Memi
2017.03.14

Good evening.
It's Kakizaki Memi.

I went with everyone to eat monja.


Monja is delicious ♥


My cheeks look sunken  (о´∀`о)


The cherry-trees are already blooming.



Ah - it seems that cherry-blossoms fall
At 5 centimeters a second.

I want to go flower-viewing...

By which I mean: I want to eat sweet dumplings (lol)


Bye-bye

Kakizaki Memi

_________________________________________ written 170313 evening, posted by staff 170314 00:55h

Monjayaki is the Tokyo analogue to Osaka's okonomiyaki: a kind of savory pancake cooked on a grill in front of you. Here are websites about them: one, two, three.

I've probably taken the translating too far here: "cherry-blossoms" are sakura, "sweet dumplings" are dango, "flower-viewing" is hanami. The dango are part of a hanami picnic.

Memi is surprised the sakura are blooming this early in Tokyo: she comes from cool Nagano, up in the mountains, where it will likely be 2-3 weeks before they do.

I liked her new jacket when she wore it inside-out to show the pussy-cat lining. I like it right-side out, too. Very sharp. In fact, everyone seems nicely dressed. As idols should be. Reports I've read suggest idols usually do dress well, even in normal life. 

Memi's cheeks have looked thinner in photos over the past few weeks. Maybe it's the effect of not eating home-cooking. More likely, it's the shadows cast by the locks of hair she's wearing down the sides of her face. Good choice.

I note that Kumi wields the larger spatula, to take charge of the chopping. Can't make Memi do that, nooo. Lol. Amaenbou.

I'm not sure where Memi learned that sakura petals fall at 5 cm/sec. I learned it from Shinkai Makoto's great anime film Byousoku 5cm ("5 Centimeters a Second"), which I think is an even better work than his recent huge hit Kimi no Na wa. For me, watching it is a (Zen) religious experience. Byousoku 5 cm and Whispers of the Heart (Mimi wo Sumaseba) are my two favorite anime films.

No comments:

Post a Comment